Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Russ and Ocie Interview ME on BlogTalkRadio

Listen to internet radio with Chillin With AJs Garage on Blog Talk Radio
*I come in at the 51:19 mark*

Instead of me interviewing someone, *I* actually got INTERVIEWED by someone last night!

Yes, it's true. Last night (Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2012) I had the unexpected opportunity to BE INTERVIEWED by my buddies Russ and Ocie on their Blog Talk Radio show called "Chillin' with AJ's Garage" (AJ's Garage is the name of their band). Russ and Ocie have been doing their thing on BTR for a few weeks now, and although I've listened in and hung out in the chat room, I've never called in.

But last night, right before showtime, Ocie messaged me on Facebook with the call-in phone number and told me I should call in. "What would I talk about?" I asked her.

Stupid question. "WRITING!" she answered me. Duh...

So I called in. (Note: Fast-forward to the 51:19 mark on the widget above)

And so that's basically what we talked about. Writing...and Stevie Nicks, of course. ;) I was TOTALLY nervous at first; my hands were shaking and my heart was pounding - and this was while I was waiting on the phone for Russ to take my call! But after it was over, I realized that I had no idea what I was really nervous about. It was really just me talking on the phone to my friends...except that this conversation was being recorded and is available for anyone to listen to online anytime they want. But it's okay, really, because this is good for me. It's good exposure for my writing; it was artists networking with each other. And as Don Smith has said for years now and as Ocie reiterated last night, NETWORKING IS EVERYTHING.

You can access the interview anytime by visiting my INTERVIEWS/APPEARANCES page above.

No comments:

Post a Comment