Monday, August 15, 2011

Blogging Advice from Writers Digest Magazine

Today I finally stopped procrastinating and gave some much-needed attention to the seven issues of Writers Digest magazine from 2010 that I'd been forever meaning to do something about. Ever since I'd received my first issue last January I'd let the issues pile up without really reading them, and I wanted to devote some time to do just that. After all, it is Writer's Digest, and I'm a writer...right? I also needed to free up some much needed space in the dresser drawer I keep them in as well. I just never got around do actually doing either thing...

Until today.

I'll admit, most of my motivation was the fact that tomorrow night marks the first official meeting of the revamped Hawthorne Writers Group, and I figured instead of tossing these mags into recycling, I'd bring them along to the meeting and pass them along to someone else from the group. Yes, they're from last year, but there is no expiration date on the information given.

So I thumbed through each issue, looking for articles and things that piqued my interest, and whatever I found got scanned into my computer for safekeeping. In doing this, I came across an article from the November/December 2010 issue called How to Lose Blog Traffic. The article lists 10 ways to guarantee your blog a surefire Epic Fail - the one thing no blogger wants for their blog! This article was definitely of interest to me, of course, so I scanned it - and then I thought, "Why not share this article on my blog so my followers and fellow bloggers can see it too?" I mean, duh.

So here you go: How to Lose Blog Traffic and Alienate Readers, from the November/December 2010 issue of Writers Digest. Just click on the thumbnails to enlarge the file and then right-click to save your own copy.

How to Lose Blog Traffic and Alienate Readers, p.1

How to Lose Blog Traffic and Alienate Readers, p.2

How to Lose Blog Traffic and Alienate Readers, p. 3

1 comment:

  1. Good article that. Covers all the important points. It's so true that you have to form relationships and care about others in order to have people visiting and commenting on your blog.

    ReplyDelete